Discussion: Grandview real or not?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time
LoriPluto
LoriPluto
Grandview real or not?
Feb 9 2010, 9:47 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2010, 9:47 AM EST
Is it a real place?
13  out of 22 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: chat fan fun ghost talk whisperer
Trish88
Trish88
1. RE: Grandview real or not?
Feb 10 2010, 6:05 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2010, 6:05 AM EST
No it' s fictional. The set is in L.A. universal studios. The square they use is the same of the movie " Back to the future". Anyway Grandview it' s supposed to be near New York even if it' s not real. 13  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    

ghostwhisperer135
2. RE: Grandview real or not?
Jul 17 2010, 10:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
i have no clue. it is supposed to be in pennnsylvania 1  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    

melindafan124
3. RE: Grandview real or not?
Mar 10 2011, 10:48 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 10 2011, 10:48 AM EST
The Grandview seen in Ghost Whisperer is fictional but there is somewhere in New York State that is almost identical. Last year i flew from London to NYC and drove into the country. it's a town called Hudson (across the river from Athens). While exploring I found the place to be very similar so I suppose you could say Grandview is real, but under a different name. 12  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

haimak
4. RE: Grandview real or not?
Jun 2 2011, 6:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
Grandview is in Idaho. In season 4, episode 71, Melinda makes reference to a little girl who lived "an hour away in Lewiston" which is also in Idaho 7  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    

GerdKutzki
5. RE: Grandview real or not?
Oct 20 2011, 5:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
or Grandview in iowa 1  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

homerdaghostdogfanXD
6. RE: Grandview real or not?
Jul 13 2012, 7:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 13 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
In the episode where Anglia has to crossover Melinda gets call by a man in Seattle because when he looks up Melinda on the computer at some angles you can see the Seattle space needle and she says she will be there in 15 minutes which means they must be in Washington XD you jelly bro you jelly

1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Melinda_Clancy
Melinda_Clancy
7. RE: Grandview real or not?
Apr 28 2014, 4:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 28 2014, 4:30 AM EDT
"In the episode where Anglia has to crossover Melinda gets call by a man in Seattle because when he looks up Melinda on the computer at some angles you can see the Seattle space needle and she says she will be there in 15 minutes which means they must be in Washington XD you jelly bro you jelly

"
I've never noticed this but he was killed trying to catch a flight to Grandview to find Melinda. You don't get on a plane to travel 15 minutes away. Perhaps you are thinking of where his ex-wife who resembled her lived. After the divorce he probably moved away.
Do you find this valuable?    
Melinda_Clancy
Melinda_Clancy
8. RE: Grandview real or not?
Apr 28 2014, 4:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 28 2014, 4:36 AM EDT
"Grandview is in Idaho. In season 4, episode 71, Melinda makes reference to a little girl who lived "an hour away in Lewiston" which is also in Idaho"
I assumed you mean season 4 episode 7 (Threshold) but I just scanned an online script of the episode and there is no such reference. Or which episode did you mean?
Do you find this valuable?    
Melinda_Clancy
Melinda_Clancy
9. RE: Grandview real or not?
Apr 28 2014, 5:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
The Grandview which the show is set in is fictional, though supposedly there is a real town by a different name which is identical to it though details of this location I don't have.
There is never a specific discussion or reference as to what state the fictional Grandview in the show is located in but subtle pieces of evidence say New York.

In the season 2 episode 'Speed Demon' when Melinda first brakes down on a strangely repeating road you can see that the plates on Melinda's Saturn and Cindy's truck are designed similarly to New York plates despite actually just saying "Drive Safely".
Then later in the same episode she ventures down that same road with Jim who is consulting a road map. After the car goes all Stephen King 'Christine' they pull up to Cindy's garage and right after Melinda exclaims "That's the girl who helped me on the road last night" Jim starts to fold up the map and for a split second if you're paying attention you can spot the word 'York' at the top left corner in large black letters. You can find such road maps in real life, I believe my grandfather used to collect them.

(Note: It just so happens that I went looking for these details, they are difficult to spot).

In the season 2 episode 'The Night We Met' in the 'Umbrella Room' flashback Jim gives Melinda the address 'West 90' when she asks him if he lives nearby to which she replies "That's the upper west side, this is East Village. That's not close at all."
East Village is a neighborhood in Manhattan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Village,_Manhattan
There is also an East Village in De Moines, Iowa but the apt buildings and scenery are clearly New York style and Jim's neighborhood, The Upper West Side is also in Manhattan.

(continued)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Melinda_Clancy
Melinda_Clancy
10. RE: Grandview real or not?
Apr 28 2014, 5:43 PM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
(continuation)

In season 3's 'Weight of What Was' the doctor who passed away while on his way to Grandview to warn the townspeople of the tainted bread was coming from Weston. There is a Weston in Connecticut and a Weston in Massachusetts. Both are probably a day, perhaps even four (considering this was the 18th century so horseback was the mode of transportation) maximum from New York but I'm no expert I've never been to the East Coast at all. Either way however is absolutely believable and plausible.

In season 2's 'Love Still Won't Die' Kyle McCall's Melinda-look-alike Ex wife lives in Eastwick. Eastwick is in New Jersey. NJ is drivable from New York which was how Melinda got there and enough of a distance to justify the fact that she opted to stay the night in a hotel after visiting the woman.

I believe there is also a mention of Brooklyn in an episode as well as a few other mentions and visits to nearby cities/towns to Grandview that are in New York.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)