Discussion: Jim or Sam?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 81 - 100 of 150  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

TheLovelyMrs.Clancy
80. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 11 2010, 2:13 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 11 2010, 2:13 PM EST
Doesn't it seem strange that Jim/Sam gets called many different names? The ones that I have heard were: Sam, Jim, Dr. Clancy, Dr. Lucas. If there are any more please list them. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Trish88
Trish88
81. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 12 2010, 8:29 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 12 2010, 8:32 AM EST
Yeah I don' t think in real life he could be a real doctor in 5 years... But he couldn' t get into another dead man' s body neither! Once in episode 4 they called him Dr. Clancy, but in episode 7 a doctor called him Lucas, which is the name written on his scrub. Anyway what kind of doctor do you think he is? We have seen him performing surgery only once ( in devil's bargain) and the patient was a young girl who died. Her problem was a stomatitis or something like that, so I thought he could be a gastroenterologist but in the same episode a doctor told him that blackmailing him wouldn' t help him enter to cardiology... And then we have never seen him performing surgery anymore, so I thought he' s doing general medicine... I' m a bit confused what do you think? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ghostwhispered
ghostwhispered
82. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 12 2010, 3:36 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 12 2010, 3:36 PM EST
"How confusing is it that Jim died last season and his soul came back in Sam's body, with Sam's face. Here we fast forward this season 5 years....and Melinda calls Sam "Jim." Doesn't that confuse anyone else around? What does his badge say at the hospital? Sam Lucas or Jim Gordon? How do they get away with her calling him Jim in front of others?"
If you watch season 5 episode 1, you see that on his hospital badge, it says "Jim Lucas". Yes, this is me coming on from the first time in a couple weeks.
Do you find this valuable?    

TheLovelyMrs.Clancy
83. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 12 2010, 3:36 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 12 2010, 3:36 PM EST
I think that the writers forget what they write. Also they made GW a show that belongs in a fantasy world. I mean where else can a dead man enter another body, become a doctor earlier than he should have been one, and have the town not talk about Jim/Sam and Melinda? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

tuffspooky
84. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 12 2010, 9:00 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 12 2010, 9:00 PM EST
"I think that the writers forget what they write. Also they made GW a show that belongs in a fantasy world. I mean where else can a dead man enter another body, become a doctor earlier than he should have been one, and have the town not talk about Jim/Sam and Melinda?"
The truly sad part is that these folks are getting paid good money for all this slipshod writing. I think that anybody commenting on this site could write better scripts with more consistent plot lines and charactizations.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Trish88
Trish88
85. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 14 2010, 5:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2010, 5:31 AM EDT
The thing that bugs me more is that now, they pretend nothing happened... In season four they showed Sam' s image in mirrors, or something similar. That was sad, but honest Now they didn' t anymore, and we see Jim Clancy as David Conrad( the old Jim)... But the real Jim ( I mean the body) is dead, so we are watching a corpse?? The thing I can' t accept is that the body we see, is buried and it passed five years, so it' s probably already decomposed. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

tuffspooky
86. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 14 2010, 8:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2010, 8:07 AM EDT
Well, they would have to pay the actor to use his face as Sam's reflection, and I guess they don't want to do that. But still, I don't think it's too late to fix this whole mess. After all, if "The Book" can rewrite itself, so can the scriptwriters. Do you find this valuable?    

tuffspooky
87. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 14 2010, 8:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Another thing: Jim/Sam, in my opinion, has become a truly lame character. Take last Friday's episode, for example. Melinda, Ned, and Eli are risking life and limb to help the little girl into the light; Delia shows up at the last minute to save the day, but at the end when they are all sharing their war story, so to speak, Jim/Sam seems detached, unconcerned and clueless. I mean, his wife was almost killed by The Shadows and it seems he couldn't care less! Do you find this valuable?    

jamiek2
88. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 14 2010, 9:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
Sorry to say I think I am going to have to give up on the show. Was hoping the writers and Jeniifer Love would get that this season is just not working. There is hardly any interaction with Melinda and Jim any more. David Conrad is a great actor. Loved him as Jim. However his part has really taken a back seat to everything else that goes on. Too much Eli. Would rather they bring back Prof. Payne. Not working for me. Guess I'll watch the older episodes on ION and on DVD. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Trish88
Trish88
89. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 14 2010, 10:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
I' d give the show another chance if I were you... Jamie and Jen split, maybe we' ll get to see less Eli and more Jim. But it happened in these days, and now they' re filming the last episode of season 5, so I guess we' ll have to wait ' till season 6 to see what' s going to happen with the Eli character. Do you find this valuable?    

Sunbright
90. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 14 2010, 5:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2010, 5:36 PM EDT
Yeah, guess so. Do you find this valuable?    

NOONEYOU'DKNOW
91. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 26 2010, 4:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Funny thing, when it was announced that they were killing Jim off, it was said by everyone involved that it was a great thing for the actor who plays Jim because now he can 'stretch' his acting capacity on the show. As I can see it, what stretching is he doing? How much stretching is it to play a guy who doesn't remember Melinda is his wife? And everyone this season seems on edge. Trish88 is right, and I was going to mention it also, now that Jaime and Jennifer broke up, we shall probably see more of the Jim character. I still watch it, and maybe if it lasts another season, they will have the Book of Changes rewrite itself and Jim will be miraculously reinstated as his true self, just as tuffspooky said. Do you find this valuable?    

jamiek2
92. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 27 2010, 10:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2010, 10:22 AM EDT
I just heard that Jennifer Love and Jamie split so I hope that means less or no more Eli. A good point that the book can re-write itself too so I'm crossing my fingers for big improvements for next seaon. Going to try and hang in there! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Trish88
Trish88
93. RE: Jim or Sam?
Mar 27 2010, 11:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2010, 11:08 AM EDT
I hope we' ll see more Jim too. Anyway, do you think Sam was younger than Jim? I think he was... So Jim step into another younger man' s body. Good thought!! Do you find this valuable?    

tuffspooky
94. RE: Jim or Sam?
Apr 2 2010, 9:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2010, 9:18 PM EDT
Watched this evening's show. Good episode overall, but Jim/Sam appeared in it...what? A minute? A minute and a half? David Conrad hardly works anymore which, if he gets paid by the episode and not by the minute, is a good deal. He should consider moonlighting. Maybe he can reprise his role as the smarmy, superficial, big bucks celebrity Dr. Marty Hamilton in "House, M.D." Do you find this valuable?    

fisherbouy
95. RE: Jim or Sam?
Apr 10 2010, 1:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2010, 1:55 AM EDT
Since he's using Sam's academic credentials to get into med school, then he should be Sam Lucas (academic requirements was one of Jim's predicament). i can let go of the visuals, i.e. picture on the badge and his face as Jim, as it may be considered as artistic license as we are all happy that somehow in that way we can still see Jim. BUT to call him Dr. Jim Clancy by others is really a negligence on the scriptwriters'/actors' part. they are indeed confused :) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

eugetoti
96. RE: Jim or Sam?
Apr 21 2010, 3:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
"Its so confusing cause this fridays episode they clearly said "Dr. Lucas".......im confused!! Is Aiden and Melinda's last name Lucas? Or is Melinda still using her maiden name? I love this show, but they really messed up when they killed Jim. "
yes, they made a mistake killing Jim. Now with other name but same face...What happend if they decide to switch Jim for Sam face...Who knows they change their minds tomorrow?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

eugetoti
97. RE: Jim or Sam?
Apr 21 2010, 4:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
"yes, they made a mistake killing Jim. Now with other name but same face...What happend if they decide to switch Jim for Sam face...Who knows they change their minds tomorrow?"
I like Jim better in this role. He's so charm!

ghostgirl304
98. RE: Jim or Sam?
Apr 25 2010, 12:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 25 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
"I agree. I was not found of the actor who played Sam in terms of his face. It wasn't even a close match and frankly, got confusing when we saw his reflection in a mirror."
Don't you kinda think that was the point so that the two (Jim and Sam) can be easily seperated and at the end of the day seeing the reflection was a way to let the audience know that it was still Sam's body with some of Sam's memories. What's the point in looking into this in too much detail realistically it is not that hard to follow.
mrsclancy
mrsclancy
99. RE: Jim or Sam?
May 6 2010, 12:09 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2010, 12:09 AM EDT
I've only watched GS since last March and to date, i have watched the entire Season 1-4 on dvd. I'm on the 4th episode of Season 5 and definitely hooked! and i agree. if you think about going into detail too much, we'll just get more confused..like why they still call Sam as Jim and why his ID photo shows the picture of Jim not Sam...nonetheless, I'm definitely a huge fan of Jim Clancy (David Conrad) and for what i've read in this thread that he only get's a minute or a minute and a half of showtime on the upcoming episodes,then booo to them! They don't realize how popular he is, esp. among the ladies. I say LESS ELI and MORE JIM! i'd like to see Jay Mohr make a comeback too! he's much funnier that Jamie Kennedy. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last