Discussion: Jim's death sucksReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 248  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

jenifehr
Jim's death sucks
Nov 14 2008, 1:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2008, 1:43 PM EST
All I can say is that I have been a faithful fan of this show since the night it premiered. I love it. I love the relationship between Melinda and Jim. I am so sick over his death. They almost lost me when they killed off Andrea and I am not sure I want to watch anymore after this. I love the show but I think Jamie Kennedy stinks and now killing off Jim and the "doubting Delia"....it's just not fun anymore. Ugh. 40  out of 43 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
LindaKT
LindaKT
1. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 14 2008, 2:23 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2008, 2:23 PM EST
OK! Andrea's' gone, the professor's gone, but JIM!!??? I loved staying home on Friday nights watching Ghost Whisperer and Moonlight, but now it's gotten rediculous!!! They have such chemistry and was so hoping for a baby. I hate this!!! 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
DonnaJoP
DonnaJoP
2. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 14 2008, 2:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2008, 2:36 PM EST
"All I can say is that I have been a faithful fan of this show since the night it premiered. I love it. I love the relationship between Melinda and Jim. I am so sick over his death. They almost lost me when they killed off Andrea and I am not sure I want to watch anymore after this. I love the show but I think Jamie Kennedy stinks and now killing off Jim and the "doubting Delia"....it's just not fun anymore. Ugh."
I agree! Most dis heartening! Totally sucks.
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

pamajs
3. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 14 2008, 2:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2008, 2:50 PM EST
"All I can say is that I have been a faithful fan of this show since the night it premiered. I love it. I love the relationship between Melinda and Jim. I am so sick over his death. They almost lost me when they killed off Andrea and I am not sure I want to watch anymore after this. I love the show but I think Jamie Kennedy stinks and now killing off Jim and the "doubting Delia"....it's just not fun anymore. Ugh."
I am watchin now and started late how did he die, and did Delia die too? I love this show and don't want it to end. My husband and I arrange our Friday date nite to include this show. I don't know what we will do now.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

librarian9
4. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 14 2008, 3:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2008, 3:24 PM EST
What were they thinking. I have also been watching since the beginning and this is too much! One person can only take so much (as well as the fans). I kept on hoping it was a dream and then Jim's spirit entered another's body. What is up with that! They are making it way to much for the fan who use to love the show! 7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
DonnaJoP
DonnaJoP
5. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 15 2008, 4:44 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2008, 4:44 PM EST
"What were they thinking. I have also been watching since the beginning and this is too much! One person can only take so much (as well as the fans). I kept on hoping it was a dream and then Jim's spirit entered another's body. What is up with that! They are making it way to much for the fan who use to love the show!"
Well that just takes the cake! Jim, jumping into the body of a dead KID??? Come on! This totally cheapens the show and Melinda, it's like a desperate housewives episode gone bad. Melinda doesn't even look the same, her clothes used to be exqusite, I used to imagine myslf as her, all perfect and tiny with a good lookin man by her side that now we find out only PARTIALLY believed in what she did. Not now. I've had so many deaths in my family this show was a refreshing break. It was the one moment in time when I could better see my way to believe the dead do not leave us right awy and can communicate if necessary. I am very let down. Call for new writers! Bring Jim back and kill off Delia or her boyfriend what ever...not Jim. Make it all a total dream it's not too late! Melinda can wake up a week after a serious illness in which she hallucinated in a fever induced coma. Come on guys you could play tt one out for 3 episodes! Gheesh.....
11  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
LindaKT
LindaKT
6. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 15 2008, 5:58 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2008, 5:58 PM EST
I totally agree DonnaJo! Maybe you should help write the show! Everything has changed, and not for the better. I want JIM back!!!! 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
kailey12
kailey12
7. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 15 2008, 7:52 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2008, 7:52 PM EST
"Well that just takes the cake! Jim, jumping into the body of a dead KID??? Come on! This totally cheapens the show and Melinda, it's like a desperate housewives episode gone bad. Melinda doesn't even look the same, her clothes used to be exqusite, I used to imagine myslf as her, all perfect and tiny with a good lookin man by her side that now we find out only PARTIALLY believed in what she did. Not now. I've had so many deaths in my family this show was a refreshing break. It was the one moment in time when I could better see my way to believe the dead do not leave us right awy and can communicate if necessary. I am very let down. Call for new writers! Bring Jim back and kill off Delia or her boyfriend what ever...not Jim. Make it all a total dream it's not too late! Melinda can wake up a week after a serious illness in which she hallucinated in a fever induced coma. Come on guys you could play tt one out for 3 episodes! Gheesh..... "
Jim fully believed in what Melinda did, he was just saying that he didnt beilieve in his crossing over. He cant think about leaving her it is too difficult for him. They are each other's true loves and without each other they are not whole!! Jim was simply trying to find a way to stay with her till she dies then they could go into the light together!!! Jim can't live without Melinda. I think that in his mind he always figured that if he were to die he would live with Mel as a ghost until she was ready to come with him. I mean it makes sense, if someone you loved could see ghosts then you would try and stay with them too. Any one would try too. And I think that it is really cute and romantic of him to try and do anything to be with her!!

In my eyes Melinda is looking just as good if not better then ever this season. I too have always loved her style and I think it is just as good this year. Sorry to disagree
6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
DonnaJoP
DonnaJoP
8. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 7:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 7:09 AM EST
"I totally agree DonnaJo! Maybe you should help write the show! Everything has changed, and not for the better. I want JIM back!!!!"
Well, if they give me a call I will! LOL! First thing is to bring Jim back!
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
DonnaJoP
DonnaJoP
9. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 7:21 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 7:21 AM EST
"Jim fully believed in what Melinda did, he was just saying that he didnt beilieve in his crossing over. He cant think about leaving her it is too difficult for him. They are each other's true loves and without each other they are not whole!! Jim was simply trying to find a way to stay with her till she dies then they could go into the light together!!! Jim can't live without Melinda. I think that in his mind he always figured that if he were to die he would live with Mel as a ghost until she was ready to come with him. I mean it makes sense, if someone you loved could see ghosts then you would try and stay with them too. Any one would try too. And I think that it is really cute and romantic of him to try and do anything to be with her!!

In my eyes Melinda is looking just as good if not better then ever this season. I too have always loved her style and I think it is just as good this year. Sorry to disagree"
We know all this Kailey but we want the romance back. And not with an image that keeps changing from the kid to Jim just cause Melinda can see him and no one else can. How confusing and totally exhusting is this going to be? Your idea that Jim is "waiting" for Melinda to join him in death and cross over together would indicate Melinda would have to die sooner than she would have and that would be the end of the show. That would suck. Besides, ghosts are boring, they can't pick up stuff or make omelettes :) and that just makes them angry..and who the heck wants an angry ghost hanging around? Wouldn't be no love in that! And you are exactly right...Jim can't live without Melinda......he is dead. I suspect Melinda is not going to be able to live WITH Jim in his current state either. There goes the romance! I still believe this will cost the show lots of viewers. I will watch a couple more times and decide if what is going on is too much to keep up with...like Heroes or Lost which I quit watching for that very reason. Such a pity....this show was almost like real life.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

jenifehr
10. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 8:21 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 8:21 AM EST
I agree with this, but there is no guarantee they are keeping on the actor or the character. I am not sure they are not toally going to get rid of him once this story line rides out, and that is what REALLY sucks. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
LindaKT
LindaKT
11. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 10:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 10:56 AM EST
Producers Blog
Ian Sander and Kim Moses and P.K. Simonds

This coming Friday night, a new episode of GHOST WHISPERER will hit the air — it is very, very powerful. And, at the end of the episode, there is a big surprise.

But the key to Jim and Melinda's future (and the rest of Season 4) lies in the very next episode titled "Heart and Soul," which airs November 21. It's one of the most romantic episodes we've ever done. You will laugh and you will cry — tears of joy.

This new voyage of discovery in the GHOST WHISPERER world will take Jim and Melinda's relationship to another level. It reboots their love story and gives them something few people ever get — a second chance at true love.

For more, check in on our blog this Friday night. And for a sneak peek, watch the video clip below. Thanks for taking this journey with us!

Watch the Video Sneak Peek
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ghost_whisperer/video/video.php?cid=590081888&pid=TjwAeX7UmOEOChn2TSiJZ51Wmbi3gryp&play=true&cc=2
0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
DonnaJoP
DonnaJoP
12. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 1:28 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 1:28 PM EST
"Producers Blog
Ian Sander and Kim Moses and P.K. Simonds

This coming Friday night, a new episode of GHOST WHISPERER will hit the air — it is very, very powerful. And, at the end of the episode, there is a big surprise.

But the key to Jim and Melinda's future (and the rest of Season 4) lies in the very next episode titled "Heart and Soul," which airs November 21. It's one of the most romantic episodes we've ever done. You will laugh and you will cry — tears of joy.

This new voyage of discovery in the GHOST WHISPERER world will take Jim and Melinda's relationship to another level. It reboots their love story and gives them something few people ever get — a second chance at true love.

For more, check in on our blog this Friday night. And for a sneak peek, watch the video clip below. Thanks for taking this journey with us!

Watch the Video Sneak Peek
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ghost_whisperer/video/video.php?cid=590081888&pid=TjwAeX7UmOEOChn2TSiJZ51Wmbi3gryp&play=true&cc=2"
Ok I'm watching! :)
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kailey12
kailey12
13. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 4:25 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 4:25 PM EST
I found this on melindaverse.com! It is very interesting and I think everyone should read it!!! If you go onto melinda verse and scroll down to love doesn't die on ghost whisperer you can see a sneek peek of the next episode!!!! Please read!! it is kinda what LindaKT posted only the rest of the article.

Love Doesn’t Die On Ghost
SCI FI Wire
2:00 AM, 14-NOVEMBER-08

Not Jim! Oh, Ghost Whisperer Powers That Be, how could you kill Jim Clancy (David Conrad), one half of television’s most adorable couple?!

Yes, folks, unfortunately, in the Nov. 7 episode of CBS’ Ghost Whisperer, “Imaginary Friends and Enemies,” Jim was accidentally shot while trying to help a troubled man. While it initially looked like Jim was going to be OK, he died–YES, HE DIED–after a complication from surgery.

OK, the creepy ghosts underground had warned ghost whisperer extraordinaire Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) that death might brush off on what she touched, and she sure touched Jim a lot. But still?

Well, Ghost Whisperer executive producer P.K. Simonds promises that death is only a new beginning for Melinda and Jim.

This story continues below the teaser trailer for “Threshold.”

“What we want the audience to remember is that we’re doing these things because you want to make the show resemble life in the sense that life gives you lemons, and, if you’re a heroic character like Melinda, you make lemonade,” Simonds said in an interview.

“It’s going to kick off what is in effect a hugely romantic story, really, for Melinda and Jim, but in a way that I think most people would never have expected,” Simonds added. “We’re just really thrilled to be allowed to do this. It is one of the dividends of doing a show about the beyond, because it lets you relax some of the rules.”
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
kailey12
kailey12
14. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 16 2008, 4:26 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 4:26 PM EST
(Continued from above) Fans can rest assured the romance is not over, Simonds added. “It gets more complicated, but does not change,” he said. “A lot more complicated. We love Jim, and obviously Melinda loves him. We feel like there are fairy-tale elements to this show, and that relationship is one of them. They are people who are destined to be together, no matter what. But we thought, this season, what if we took the ‘no matter what’ to another level?”

OK, P.K. Simonds, but we do remember way back in the season-one finale when a plane crashed on top of Melinda’s best friend, Andrea (Aisha Tyler). Hasn’t Melinda suffered enough?

“We’re completely confident that the audience will be thrilled by what we’re doing and not devastated, but thrilled, because the point is not to make everybody miserable,” Simonds said with a laugh.

“I always felt like it’s a show that is about death in many ways, and death is scary to people,” Simonds said. “Death is scary to our characters, and it’s scary in reality. A show that deals with death in that way needs to give its audience some sanctuary, some places that are safe, and that relationship is one of those places.”

According to Simonds we’d better stay tuned. Episodes seven, “Threshold” (Nov. 14), and eight, “Heart and Soul” (Nov. 21), will continue the story arc. “It is a romantic story and a romantic resolution. … For the people who stick with us, they’re going to be very rewarded,” Simonds said. Ghost Whisperer airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The series stars Hewitt, Conrad, Camryn Manheim and Jamie Kennedy. –Kathie Huddleston
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

jenifehr
15. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 17 2008, 7:39 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2008, 7:39 AM EST
This is in reply to Kailey 12: I totally get this and I get that the producers and all have the artistic rih and freedom to do what they want. What I am about to say is just me speaking for myself and my own personal experience. I am an educated self employed mom of a toddler. I work really, really hard all week long. I have debt, negative equity in my home, fear for the future of my child, etc... I have enough reality throughout the week to see me through the next few lifetimes. I don't watch much tv...the tv I do watch is dwindeled down to what I really love, because I just don't have much time to myself. Ghost Whisperer is one of those shows. I do not tune in to get a hard core dose of reality....I tune in to be entertained. 1 hour where I don't have to think too hard, don't have to get too emotional....I can just sit back and enjoy. The relationship between Melinda and Jim was so sweet. Theirs were a world where they weren't in arguments over debt, not having sex because of exhaustion (hey, am I giving too much of my life away here???? ha!), counting coupons at the grocery store, etc... Anyway, I think I am getting too emotionally invested here. Myabe I'll just turn off the TV on Friday nights and read a book. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

jenifehr
16. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 17 2008, 7:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2008, 7:40 AM EST
P.S. The producers, per Kailey 12's post above, have said "for the people who stick with us" as if they are already understanding people will stop watching over the death of Jim. In what universe is this a wise business decision? 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
kailey12
kailey12
17. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 18 2008, 5:13 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2008, 5:13 PM EST
http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blogs/Ghost-Whisperer-Jim-67075.aspx

Please go to this site and read this it is kinda interesting and it shows us what the producers have in mind! I for one am excited to see what is going to happen!!!
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

jstone_911
18. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 21 2008, 3:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2008, 3:22 PM EST
What is going on the Jim's death? Did the show change writers or something? Did the writers of Days of Our Lives get hired to write the remaining shows because this new twist is as bad as Marlaina becoming the devil! I use to watch this show with my wife and as a male it takes a pretty good show to get me to arrange my Friday night to watch it but I think I am done with Ghost Whisper. The show was so good up until this point…….really too bad as I think the writers could have been much more creative than having to kill Jim!

Disappointed Fan
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

NOONEYOU'DKNOW
19. RE: Jim's death sucks
Nov 21 2008, 3:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2008, 3:43 PM EST
"I am watchin now and started late how did he die, and did Delia die too? I love this show and don't want it to end. My husband and I arrange our Friday date nite to include this show. I don't know what we will do now."
No, unfortunately, they didn't kill Delia off, but I wished they had. I don't care for her. I don't know what the purpose of her character is. She doesn't believe in spirits or seeing them, and she gets uncomfortable and doesn't want to even discuss anything, so how can she be Melinda's best friend if she doesn't believe? I can't explain myself on how I feel their relationship is a bad one. I keep wanting to say that you can't be a true friend if you don't believe in her gift and you don't want to even be involved in it, etc., and excuse yourself everytime you need to talk about it with someone who does. What is the purpose of that? If the writers were trying to prove something, its not working with me.
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last