Discussion: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 143  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 26 2008, 11:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 11:30 AM EDT
I was trying to figure this out! Were does Ghost Whisperer take place! I know its in Grandview but what state? I was guessing New York, and I'm pretty sure there is a Grandview New York but now I'm not so sure! 14  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
1. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 26 2008, 3:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 3:37 PM EDT
"I was trying to figure this out! Were does Ghost Whisperer take place! I know its in Grandview but what state? I was guessing New York, and I'm pretty sure there is a Grandview New York but now I'm not so sure!"
Hmmmm...good question. I always assumed that Grandview was somewhere in the New England area. But, now that I think a bit...with all of the outdoor scenes there are, I don't recall any winter ones (and, I am pretty sure that I haven't missed an episode). I don't think that it is New York, though...since I think that is where Jim told Melinda he wanted to move to (I believe for school, if I am not mistaken).

Wouldn't it be a hoot if, in the series grand finale, we find out that Grandview is actually a small town suspended in limbo? lol
7  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
kinkybear121284
kinkybear121284
2. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 26 2008, 5:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 5:49 PM EDT
I assumed near a city too, didn't think New York thou. When Andrea died in the first episode she dies as the plane comes down, isn't she on the way to the city to check her brothers apartment coz he ain't answering his cell phone. I can't remember if they mention which city thou? 4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
kinkybear121284
kinkybear121284
3. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 26 2008, 5:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 5:50 PM EDT
"I assumed near a city too, didn't think New York thou. When Andrea died in the first episode she dies as the plane comes down, isn't she on the way to the city to check her brothers apartment coz he ain't answering his cell phone. I can't remember if they mention which city thou?"
Ment when she dies in the first season not [episode] lol
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
4. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 26 2008, 6:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 6:18 PM EDT
I do believe that Andrea was heading towards her brothers apartment...but, I don't think that they said where it was located, just that the plane was coming from Johannesburg. 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
kinkybear121284
kinkybear121284
5. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 26 2008, 7:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 7:50 PM EDT
I'll rewatch it tomorrow and let you know if they said 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
6. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 27 2008, 10:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2008, 10:40 AM EDT
I'm watching a episode now were Jim wanted to go to medical school and the school was in southern Michigan. There was 2 episodes were there was snow, the Christmas episode and the first episode ever. I'm guessing in the U.S somewhere. 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
7. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 27 2008, 11:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2008, 11:18 AM EDT
"I'm watching a episode now were Jim wanted to go to medical school and the school was in southern Michigan. There was 2 episodes were there was snow, the Christmas episode and the first episode ever. I'm guessing in the U.S somewhere. "
Wow, I was completely wrong on all counts, wasn't I? lol For some reason, I kept thinking that Jim said New York, and I must have missed the episodes with the snow. I better start taking those ginko biloba vitamins, again, for my memory......now, if I can only remember where I put them. lol
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
8. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 28 2008, 5:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 5:00 PM EDT
LOL! One of the one's with snow was the first episode ever and the Christmas one and there was a couple other ones. In one episode she had to go to "New England like in the Maine region. Jim said that was a long trip for Melinda but she took a car so it couldn't have been like a 9 hour drive lol. I saw one episode and the license plate of Melinda's car was Purple on the bottom Dark blue on the top. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
9. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 28 2008, 5:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 5:02 PM EDT
Do you think they'll tell were they live in Season 4?? lol i just thought of that. I just had to copy and paste my first post up top ^ because it wouldn't load the first time lol. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
10. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 28 2008, 5:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 5:32 PM EDT
"LOL! One of the one's with snow was the first episode ever and the Christmas one and there was a couple other ones. In one episode she had to go to "New England like in the Maine region. Jim said that was a long trip for Melinda but she took a car so it couldn't have been like a 9 hour drive lol. I saw one episode and the license plate of Melinda's car was Purple on the bottom Dark blue on the top. "
My secret is out...I just don't pay enough attention to the scenery, I guess. lol I checked the license plate colors, and there aren't any listed with purple and dark blue....at least, none that I found.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
11. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 29 2008, 9:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2008, 9:33 AM EDT
lol maybe its a made up state! That wouldn't really make sense though... 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
12. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 29 2008, 10:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2008, 10:30 AM EDT
They are probably trying to create the illusion that Grandview could be 'Any Small Town, USA'. There are so many States, towns and schools associated with the name Grandview, that I can only imagine how many 'looky loos' (with cameras and video recorders, in tow) would stampede into the area, trying to get a glimpse of a spirit. ;)

After all, there are M*A*S*H fans who were/are looking for Crabapple Cove, Maine and Murder, She Wrote fans on a quest to find Cabot Cove, Maine.....even though they are fictional towns.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
13. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 30 2008, 4:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2008, 4:24 AM EDT
Who wrote who?? lol I'm a little confused. Yea it might be just any small town in the U.S.A. That's why they probably have a unidentified license plate 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
14. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jun 30 2008, 4:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2008, 4:50 AM EDT
"Who wrote who?? lol I'm a little confused. Yea it might be just any small town in the U.S.A. That's why they probably have a unidentified license plate "
LOL!! 'Murder, She Wrote' was a show based in Cabot Cove, Maine, and starred Angela Lansbury....seen only in syndication, nowadays. I really showed my age, with that reference, didn't I? Too funny. lol
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
15. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jul 1 2008, 3:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2008, 3:46 AM EDT
lol!!! So Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote that show based in Cabot Cave Maine? 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

anndz
16. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jul 1 2008, 4:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2008, 4:08 AM EDT
"lol!!! So Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote that show based in Cabot Cave Maine?"
No, darlin'....I was just trying to give an example of why some shows are based in fictional towns. If they announced which state Grandview was located (and, there is probably a town or subdivision, by that name, in every state), can you imagine all of the unwanted attention that would be inflicted on the residents?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
GhostWhispererStar
GhostWhispererStar
17. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jul 3 2008, 5:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 3 2008, 5:14 AM EDT
lol yes that's true people would be pestered by people looking for ghosts lol! 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

NOONEYOU'DKNOW
18. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jul 7 2008, 8:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2008, 8:30 PM EDT
"They are probably trying to create the illusion that Grandview could be 'Any Small Town, USA'. There are so many States, towns and schools associated with the name Grandview, that I can only imagine how many 'looky loos' (with cameras and video recorders, in tow) would stampede into the area, trying to get a glimpse of a spirit. ;)

After all, there are M*A*S*H fans who were/are looking for Crabapple Cove, Maine and Murder, She Wrote fans on a quest to find Cabot Cove, Maine.....even though they are fictional towns. "
Yeah, there's a city called Grandview, Missouri, but its not as picturesque as the fictional Grandview. For some reason, I think its definitely East Coast, however, I have missed some episodes, I never have seen the really wicked winters they have in the East Coast on that show, so then I get to think maybe its in the Pacific Northwest, because of the fogginess, and it always looks damp to me, but still the show seems very East Coast to me. I wish they would say what state they live in. Most shows usually tell you what state the show takes place in.

NOONEYOU'DKNOW
19. RE: Were Does Ghost Whisperer take place?
Jul 7 2008, 8:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2008, 8:32 PM EDT
"LOL!! 'Murder, She Wrote' was a show based in Cabot Cove, Maine, and starred Angela Lansbury....seen only in syndication, nowadays. I really showed my age, with that reference, didn't I? Too funny. lol"
I just replied and almost mentioned Murder She Wrote, but I thought it was in Massachussettes, but now that you mention it, it was in Maine. And now, you aren't showing your age. LOL!
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)